Probationary Membership Scheme
SELECT operates a Probationary Membership Scheme for those companies that don’t yet meet our full membership criteria.
This scheme is principally aimed at new-start businesses but can also apply to companies who don't yet have a suitably qualified electrician.
Registration to the scheme is for a maximum 12-month period and, before applying, you should ensure that you will meet the full SELECT membership criteria in that time frame.
Benefits of the scheme
- Access to unrivalled advice and guidance from our professional staff on all aspects of running an electrical contracting business
- Receipt of our monthly e-newsletter, Switched On, and bi-monthly CABLEtalk magazine which covers legal, technical, contractual, health and safety and training matters
- Use of our BS 7671 18th Edition Inspection and Testing sheets, showing that you’re a Member of the SELECT Probationary Membership Scheme
- Access to our non-Member stationery, without the SELECT logo
- Price concessions for SELECT training courses.
Please note that Probationary Members shall NOT:
- Be considered as full Members of SELECT
- Claim to be a Member of SELECT
- Use or display the SELECT logo
- Be able to purchase SELECT branded stationery or publications
- Be able to become registered as an Approved Body/Approved Certifier of Construction under the Scottish Building Standards: Electrical Installations to BS7671 Certification Scheme.
Probationary Membership costs £200 plus VAT. Scheme participants who apply for full membership within the period of their registration may be entitled to a part-refund of their probationary fee upon becoming a full SELECT Member.
If you are interested in the applying to join the Probationary Membership Scheme, please call our membership team on 0131 445 5577 or email [email protected]. Alternatively, you can complete the online enquiry form.